At SIGGRAPH 2019, IOGEAR unveils 2-Port USB-C KVM Switch that enables the sharing of peripherals and a 4K display among Macs, Win10 PCs, iPads, Android devices via a USB-C connection to each
Designed for All of Today’s Most Popular Computing Devices!
Gone are the days of running dedicated VGA, PS2, USB and audio cables from a bulky switch box to large stationary PCs. USB-C wraps these connections into one compact cable. USB-C has also quickly become the standard data and charging port on modern laptops, and the latest smartphones and tablets. The Access Pro 2-Port USB-C KVM Switch was designed to fuse the computing benefits of the devices today’s professionals carry on them daily, laptops, smartphones and tablets. Access Pro enables users to work off each device in a traditional desktop environment, complete with keyboard, mouse and a 4K display. With support for desktop modes like Samsung’s DeX™ mode, smartphones and tablets are now seamlessly integrated into workspaces to handle the tasks traditionally carried out by desktop and laptop computers. When extra horsepower is needed, users can switch over to their Mac or Windows PC at the tap of a button.
“KVM switches are an incredibly useful tool for independently operating multiple computers with a single desktop setup. However, since most jobs don’t require the use of two computers, KVMs have generally been considered a niche product,” said Joseph Zhang, Director of Product Management at IOGEAR. “With our Access Pro USB-C KVM Switch, we’re changing the game and making the KVM something that everybody can benefit from. Not only does the integration of USB-C drastically reduce the number of cables needed to just one per computing device, it has allowed us to expand compatibility to the latest smartphones and tablets, enabling users to maximize productivity by converting mobile devices into powerful desktop computers.”
Features and Benefits
- Control and share two USB-C devices with DP Alt Mode from one keyboard, mouse, and HDMI monitor
- Conveniently switch between devices via the push-button remote
- Power Delivery1 with up to 75W of charging for a laptop and up to 10W for a smartphone2 (USB-C external power needed)
- Supports external display resolutions up to 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Compatible with ThunderboltTM 3 laptops
- USB 3.1 ports offer data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
- HDCP 1.4 Compliant
- Supports Samsung DeX® Mode3
- No software needed
Pricing and Availability
The Access Pro™ 2-Port USB-C KVM Switch with Power Delivery will be available online and at major retailers at an MSRP of $199.95 at the end of August 2019.
For more information on IOGEAR’s portfolio of award-winning connectivity products and solutions, please visit www.iogear.com and follow the company on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
IOGEAR, headquartered in Irvine, Calif., manufactures innovative information technology products for consumers and organizations of varying sizes that are designed to help integrate technologies in everyday life, share resources and decrease clutter at home, in business, and on-the-go. IOGEAR meets a variety of user needs by offering a broad range of solutions including: KVMs, AV & Digital Home, Computer Accessories, Networking, Mobility and Gaming. IOGEAR distributes throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
©2019 IOGEAR. All rights reserved. IOGEAR and the IOGEAR logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of IOGEAR. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Must be plugged into Primary Port 1 USB-C port
- When plugged into Secondary Port 2 USB-C port
- Samsung DeX Mode is only supported on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, S9+, and Note 8, Note 9, and Tab S4; other Android devices support mirror screen
- For optimal performance, use a Limited Power Source (LPS) certified 100W USB-C power supply